Monday, February 16, 2009

Clam Chowder

The first Friday of every February we go to King City for a clam chowder dinner. What? Let me explain. There is too much. Let me sum up. The Monterey County Ag Museum has an all-you-can-eat clam chowder dinner every year as a fund raiser. Chris' grandfather inherited the clam chowder recipe that they make every year and passed it on to Chris, his dad and brother. So up we go to King City, the men make 350 to 400 gallons of clam chowder, and I cut pies with my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law for dessert. Now that we have kids running around, the pie cutting has been put on hold and our new duty is baby chasing. I know this is an incredibly random event, but it's a lot of fun and we get to see a lot of family and friends. Hannah's Mimi and Papa even made the trip down from Concord to spend the day with us and enjoy some chowder. So if you're ever around King City the first Friday of February, come join us!

Jenna's ready for some chowder!

Hannah and Stellan playing in Nono's chair, post chowder.

2 comments:

amesigee said...

I love the Princess Bride reference, and I love the chowder! Some day we hope to come up for the actual event!

Geneva said...

I also caught the PB ref.! :D LOVE it! Does Hannah actually like clam chowder, though? I see her getting a spoonful, but no response- was it her first taste?