Thursday, April 22, 2010

Accomplishment

Last week I ran a 5k. To some of you, that probably doesn't seem like that big of a deal. So here's a little background, I am not a runner. I've never liked running, in fact it used to give me bad shin splints. And as new mother I learned very quickly that there's not a lot of exercising options with a baby in tow. I would much rather swim or take a dance or pilates class, all which cost money and require baby-free time. So I resorted to running, knowing that I needed exercise, but always loathing it. Then the Corporate Games came around again. So I got new shoes (no more shin splints!) and decided to run the 5k. The other inspiration for doing the run is my up and coming 30th birthday. I felt like I needed to get in one more accomplishment before that milestone.
I had no other goal than running the entire thing, I knew I wouldn't place for a medal, and ended up finishing 12th in my division. But I did it, I ran the whole thing with a time of 33:10 minutes.

Team LMA


Almost Done!

1 comment:

Geneva said...

Congrats! You are amazing!!! :)