Thursday, February 14, 2013

*SNOW*

Snow has to be one of my favorite things. That probably seems weird for someone who is cold most of the time, but bundle me up and I am set to go! I am so grateful to my parents for all the trips I had to the snow as a child, at the time I didn't realize how fortunate I was. Living far from the snow and the mountains has made me miss it that much more.
 The last week of January we were blessed to have the opportunity to use a friend's cabin up at Shaver Lake for 3 glorious days. We had never been to Shaver before, other than driving through on our way to camping at Dinkey Creek (another fabulous place). We had such a great time as a family, and the kids were exceptional travelers.

We all enjoyed some sledding behind the cabin
 
Love these boys




My two snow bunnies








Getting ready for a snowball fight with Daddy
A highlight of the trip was getting to ski and snowboard again. We were trying to remember the last time we hit the slopes and I think it's been two years. Sigh. I was so excited to be on the mountain again, however my body had lost all confidence in my skiing abilities. I probably looked ridiculous making my way down the run. Thankfully that disappeared on the next one. Whew! I can still ski.
Hannah getting ready for her first ski lesson at China Peak
While Hannah was in her lesson Chris hit the slopes and I got to hang out with this little bear. So thankful for the parent pass lift ticket!
After the lesson I got to go down the hill with Hannah. She LOVED skiing and wanted to go up the chair lifts. I told her we'd have to wait until next time. I'm one proud Mama. :)



1 comment:

Hilary Hewlett said...

ADORABLE!! So happy I can watch them grow up even though we are far away :D