Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Long Overdue

I have had a long blog absence. Mostly because I can hardly find any time to sit down at the computer. A certain little someone wants to touch the computer any time it is out. And if I take my eyes off him for more than 30 seconds he may end up looking like this:


Well, what have we been up to? At the beginning of October we took a trip that covered most of the west coast, ending in Prineville, Oregon at Chris' grandfather's ranch. Chris was able to do some hunting with his parents and brother, and successfully harvested another deer.
 

The kids were troopers in the car, thanks to a portable DVD player we borrowed from some friends.
We also stopped at McDonald's 5 times in the span of 3 days and made use of every playplace between the Bay Area and Prineville. I have not been to a McDonald's since.

We broke up the long trip by visiting some family in the bay area, including David, Kristl and Kolton and all my parents. (I even got to sneak away for an hour to stop at Crate and Barrel and wander in downtown Walnut Creek, bonus!) 
Chris drove up to Oregon with his parents a few days before me and the kids, and my dad was crazy enough to volunteer to drive with us from Pleasanton to Prineville in one day. I may have lost my mind had he not been in the car with me. Thanks Dad!
While in Prineville we also got to see my Grandma Mary, and on the way home Holly, Steve, Stellan and Preston. I loved getting to see so much family, and grateful the kids were able to see some cousins.

Our other favorite stop on the way home is, of course, the Avila Valley Barn.



I had grand plans to fill this post with all the highlights from October until now, but I'm too tired. So I'll leave it at that and you'll just have to wait for the halloween pictures (which at this rate will show up right before Christmas).

No comments: