Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Some Thoughts on Christmas

I feel frantic, and I feel rushed.

That about sums up this Christmas season for me. You would think it wouldn't be that way since retailers start marketing for Christmas soon after the 4th of July (or so it seems). 

And I haven't been able to pinpoint why I feel that way this year, but I've heard it from so many others as well. We all feel like this season is rushing by. 

The funny thing is, I've actually done less this year than in years past. We skipped going to the Nutcracker Ballet. I didn't do as much baking as I had planned. I have only wrapped one gift so far. And here we are on Christmas eve, with the season almost past. 

So today let's all take a deep breath, enjoy family, and express our thankfulness to God for why we do any of these Christmas activities in the first place. It's because of His great love for us that Jesus came to live, to die, and offer us forgiveness that we could not obtain on our own. He truly is the greatest Gift, so enjoy Him this Christmas!


No comments: