Sunday, August 31, 2014

Summertime Fun

We have had such a full summer! It was so fun, but the end came so quick.
A highlight was a trip to the bay area and Lake Tahoe. While in Concord during the first part of our trip, we were able to attend the annual Switzer Family Cream Can party. The kids spent a lot of time in the pool at Mimi and Papa's house.



Caleb tried some lemonade...

And the next day it was off to Lake Tahoe. Mom and Mike spoiled us by renting a house to stay in along with my sister Megan and my brother David and his family.


The kids loved playing with Aunt Megan

Caleb and his cousin Kolton enjoyed lots of play time together, with the occasional parent intervention to encourage sharing.

We ate ice cream, because that is what Vanoli's do

 We also did some exploring around Lake Tahoe on foot,

By horseback,

And by bike



We also went by raft and floated down the Truckee River. I don't have any pictures of that since I opted not to bring my nice camera in a boat with my toddler, bad combination. It was such a relaxing ride that Caleb slept on a pile of life jackets for about half of it.
Even though it will still be a long drive to get there, I am looking forward to being a little closer to Lake Tahoe once we move. It is a special place that holds so many special memories for me, from childhood ski trips and sledding, to our honeymoon. I love being able to share that beauty with our kids. 


No comments: