Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tea for Two

One of the big adjustments for me as a mom of two now is making sure I am setting aside time for Hannah. She is with me all day, almost every day (except going to preschool), but I don't spend a whole lot of time where she has my full attention. Do you all think I'm a bad mom now? Does anyone else struggle with this? Part of it is that when Caleb is napping, I've got things that need to get done that day; phone calls or emails, food prep, dish washing, laundry, etc. And as much as I can I try to involve her in those everyday tasks. At other times I'm just too exhausted. Hannah wears me out just by watching her. That girl has enough energy to spread through the whole family.


So lately I've been praying for more of a desire (and energy!) to play with Hannah. And at the suggestion of Chris, I'm trying to come up with ideas of things I like to do as well so it's more fun for both of us.

One of our new favorites is a tea party. I have memories from when I was a little girl visiting my grandparents and having a tea party with my Mimi. She had a miniature tea set and we would fill the pot with apple juice and eat Russian Tea Cake cookies that she had made. It makes me smile thinking of those times.

A few times now Hannah and I have had a tea party, and it's been so fun for both of us. It's a good chance to sit and talk with her, and a great excuse to eat cookies. :)


1 comment:

clarivel.ann said...

what a great idea!! I think regular tea-times with Hannah would mean you are definitely a GOOD mom. :)

Photos look great, too!