Thursday, June 20, 2013

False Start Into Summer

I have been anticipating summer and looking forward to this season of being home with my kids, but alas it has not gone as I had hoped so far.

One or more of us has been sick ever since our camping trip over Memorial weekend. I realize it has only been three weeks, but that has felt like an eternity. All four of us had a trip to Kaiser within a two week span (Chris twice, for different things). And the funny thing is, we have all had different ailments. So many people have told me, "Well, that's what happens when you have a family, you pass things around." Somehow we have managed to keep our germs to ourselves but have brought in a good variety.
Spending a lot of time in our pj's
Let's just say, it's a good thing I bought the Costco pack of Kleenex. And thank the Lord for Clorox antibacterial wipes. 

I am worn out, and tired of being tired. At first I wasn't sleeping well because of my cough. Then Hannah was waking up during the night with congestion and a hurting ear (ear infection). And then it was Caleb's turn to rouse me from my sleep. A couple nights ago I finally got 6 straight hours and it felt glorious. 
I have been wiping this nose a lot
So, Lord willing we are on the tail end of all this and can start enjoying our summer soon, which for me will (hopefully) include rest.

No comments: