Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Fly-By

So after our month of illness in June we have jumped in to summer, just in time for me to realize that it is almost over. Hannah begins kindergarten on August 20 which I think is way too soon. What happened to starting school after Labor Day? Sheesh.


4th of July in Cayucos with the cousins
  So now I am panicking inside thinking we have not done enough this summer and are we really enjoying it? What else should we do? Am I taking time to enjoy and play with my kids? It seems like I am mostly just chasing Caleb and keeping him out of things and off of things, like the coffee table, the stairs, stepstools, etc. He started walking about two weeks ago and is giving me a run for my money. 

Yep, he made this mess by himself
But we have done some fun things already, like a trip to San Diego at the beginning of the month to visit SeaWorld and the Zoo. And what's better, we got to make the trip with Mimi and Aunt Megan, and stay with Aunt Vicki and Uncle Rich. Needless to say my kids were spoiled.

Caleb and Stella the cat were somewhat interested in each other.
The one thing Hannah really wanted from SeaWorld was a sword

Caleb and Uncle Rich relaxing
 We also got to take a family hike on Monday to Rose Valley, a new place for us. It's a short, kid-friendly hike that ends at a waterfall. Well, in the spring it ends at a waterfall and in July it's a trickle. Which was actually a good thing for us because it meant Hannah got to do a lot of climbing and Caleb got to play with the water too.



And to continue the summer festivities Chris and Hannah are gearing up for VBS next week. And we'll take a trip to the upcoming Ventura County Fair. Maybe we'll make it to the beach this summer, if I can work up the guts to lug two kids plus gear there and back. I don't know if I'm that brave.

And now that I look at all these pictures in one post, I think we are enjoying summer, more than I realized

No comments: